Ohio Family Lawyer
Here to Fight For You

  1. Home
  2.  – 
  3. Family Law
  4.  – Guardianship

When Guardianship Is Necessary In Your Family

When unforeseen events happen to a family, it is important that loved ones — and children in particular –=— have someone to care for them.

To serve these ends, it is possible to establish a guardianship whereby a responsible guardian will make decisions and care for a child or someone who is otherwise unable to care for himself or herself.

The process of establishing a guardianship can be complex, confusing and challenging. While it is fundamentally a family matter, it happens in a probate court, not a family law court. Reaching out to a skilled lawyer is of immense importance.

Please call us in Sandusky at 419-719-5245 or complete our contact form to schedule a consultation.

Turn To A Trusted Lawyer Advising On Family Matters

At The Law Offices of Shelly L. Kennedy, Ltd., we have more than 25 years of experience handling guardianships and related family law issues throughout north central Ohio. We are prepared to help you address any aspect of guardianship in an efficient and effective way that works for your family. We will apply a client-centric approach so that we can fully understand your unique needs and goals.

From there, we will help you petition for guardianship of a child or get someone named as a guardian of your or your loved one’s child. We will address all documentation needs and work through the process while keeping you abreast of all developments.

Your Needs Take Center Stage At Our Law Firm

Attorney Shelly Kennedy takes the time to get to know her clients and their families’ needs and apprehensions. She will recommend the best strategies to resolve the legal issues and address their long-term concerns, and she will guide them through this difficult time and put their families on the path to a secure future.

Bring Your Story And Your Concerns

We encourage you to reach out and schedule an initial consultation by contacting us today at 419-719-5245 or via email.