Understanding Prenuptial And Postnuptial Agreements In Ohio
By giving each spouse a clear understanding of finances and priorities, a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can provide the stability and peace of mind needed for a long and successful marriage.
At The Law Offices of Shelly L. Kennedy, Ltd., we help our clients protect their future financial health and that of their family. From our office in Sandusky, attorney Shelly Kennedy negotiates, drafts and reviews prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for clients throughout north central Ohio.
To schedule a consultation, please call 419-719-5245 today.
Achieve Peace Of Mind By Safeguarding Valuable Assets
No one knows what the future holds. Don’t put your financial health at risk.
If you have significant assets, a family-owned business or children from a prior relationship, a well-drafted prenuptial agreement may offer financial protection in the event of a future divorce. The benefits of a prenuptial agreement include:
- A clear declaration of separate property
- Protection of assets during the property division process
- Protection of the inheritance rights of children born from a prior marriage or relationship
- Protection of finances against alimony
- Protection of a family business
- Reduction of conflicts and minimization of divorce costs
- Debt protection
Your reasons for considering a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement are no doubt unique to your circumstances, which might include one of the following situations:
- Your business partners insist that you get a prenuptial agreement. You could look at it as a sort of insurance policy against the unexpected.
- You are married and are about to start a business with partners who insist you first establish a postnuptial agreement.
- Your marriage was in trouble. Now, in the process of reconciliation, you and your spouse decide that a postnuptial agreement would help by solidifying agreement on financial matters.
- You are approaching divorce and want a lawyer’s opinion about the validity of your already-existing prenuptial agreement. Can you contest it now?
With a career that spans across more than two decades, Shelly Kennedy has seen it all. She knows how to evaluate existing prenups, draft prenuptial agreements that will stand up in court and spot weaknesses in proposed prenuptial or postnuptial agreements that may expose her clients to liability. When you choose our family law firm to help regarding a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement from any angle, you are choosing financial security.
Why Choose The Law Offices of Shelly L. Kennedy, Ltd.?
Experience matters. When choosing a lawyer to review, draft or negotiate a prenuptial agreement on your behalf, you need someone who has a solid track record.
At our family law firm, we don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach to prenuptial agreements, and we don’t pass them off to junior associates or paralegals. Instead, you will work directly with Shelly Kennedy, an attorney with more than 25 years of legal experience. Before entering a marriage, take steps to protect your future financial health.
Contact our firm at 419-719-5245 or by email.